MODULE 1: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT KNOWLEDGE CIRCLE MODULE
HOW TO ENGAGE AUSTRALIAN STUDENTS IN INDIGENOUS STUDIES
MODULE DURATION (guide only)
5 Professional Development hours
This module is comprised of an introduction and three units. Each unit is designed to take approximately 100 minutes, plus assessment activities, for a total of 5 Professional Development hours.
ACCESS & COST
$20 ( plus an all areas subscription )
You will require a Crackerjack Education subscription to access the complete Indigenous Knowledge Circle Training module.
Click here to purchase a subscription.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & CRACKERJACK EDUCATION
This new and continuous Indigenous learning platform from Crackerjack Education is designed to make it easier to navigate the job of teaching. It offers a shared space for exchanging culturally safe content, knowledge and experience.
This groundbreaking course clearly and easily guides educators on how to become an accomplished teacher of Ancient Australia. It utilises the vast array of Crackerjack Education resources and the philosophies of Ancient Indigenous culture as the tools for teachers to access and follow along.
Based on six years of Australian research, we are excited to offer an Indigenous learning environment that is fun and positive, and provides an authentic framework for educators to work within across all ages and subject areas.
- What is culture?
- What is a culture’s Belief System?
- Where do Indigenous and colonial Australian Core Values stem from in Ancient times?
- Why is it that people of another culture do the same thing differently?
- Which mindset do you belong to — Customary or Progressive?
- How do you work and teach safely within the invisible cultural line (what you can confidently teach about from other cultures)?
- What Crackerjack Education resources can you use within a culturally safe classroom and how can you use them?
To receive accreditation, you will need to complete the multiple-choice and practical assessment reflection questions for each unit, and utilise the recommended matched Crackerjack Education resources.
This module aims to support and inform participants in understanding of the following:
- Unit 0 — Introduction to Belief Systems
- Unit 1 — Ancient Australia 101: Why did the first societies happen?
- Unit 2 — What are the Sacred Areas of a culture that you need permission to share or teach about (those areas that people not belonging to the tribal language group need permission to share)?
- Unit 3 — Why do people from other cultures do the same thing differently?
ACQUIRED COMPETENCE ON COMPLETION
- The ability to create the most amazing and diverse classrooms and workplaces
- The understanding of the reasons behind different learning styles
- Considerably increasing your understanding of people’s behaviour, beliefs and values
- A mindfulness of your own culture and the effect it has on your daily work practices and interactions, and how this influences behaviour at your organisation.
- The acquisition of further skills and tools in areas such as storytelling, assigning totems and Ancient Australian philosophy teachings
- The understanding of what drives people’s decision making, and how to consider and recognise the different perspectives and processes of people outside of your own cultural group